10 ways to love the earth...
There is so much we can invidually do to show our eartth more gratitude. Here are 10 tips for living green that you can implement immediately:
1. I love fresh fruits and vegetables, go to your nearest Farmer's market and buy organically grown fruits and vegetables. Organic foods avoid the use of pesticides and are better for the environment, as the produce is grown naturally. You'll also be helping the economy recover.
2. Walk instead of taking your car. Also consider carpooling or taking your public transportation systems, such as buses or trains as often as you can. You'll save money on gasoline and in the long run generate less air pollution.
3. Are you a clutter bug? Try recycling your household items. Give all your old clothes to Goodwill or the Salvation Army. Organize a yard sale and get rid of things you no longer want or need. Like water, what you are not using... let it flow.
4. I love to garden, so when gardening, create a compost pile for fertilizer. That will save you money on commercial fertilizers.
5. Always use canvas bags when grocery shoping. Mexico City has actually outlawed the use of plastic bags.
6. Invest in a water-saving showerhead. You can also do the same with your toilets. A inexpensive water saving solution is putting a small brick in the tank which helps to conserve our water.
7. Have you ever bought things in bulk? It will save you money and requires less packaging materials that you end up discarding anyway.
8. Save energy by installing a programmable thermostat to heat and air condition your home or apartment. They are easy to install. Keep it above 78 in the summer and at 68 in the winter.
9. Pure soaps are biodegradable and break down completely. Always choose soaps like Dove. Avoid all soaps with synthetic scents or colors.
10. Make an outdoor bird feeder out of recyclable products, such as a milk carton. You'll be feeding God's little creatures and helping the environment at the same time!
Make it a GREEN dia!